Website The Veg Patch
You’ll be working as part of a small, friendly and passionate team at The Veg Patch store in Kirkby Lonsdale. Our stores are dedicated to gifts, lifestyle and children’s learning and development through play.
You’ll spend time actively engaging with all customers and visitors, offering help and advice with their purchase or enquiry.
- Ensuring an excellent standard of customer service is provided at all times and that all customers are aided and supported with any questions and purchases.
- Organising and maintaining attractive stock displays, stock rotation and replenishment, as directed by the Store Manager.
- Keeping the shelves, aisles and open spaces of the store tidy, organised and presentable.
- Processing payments, cash handling and cashing up.
- Work in a safe manner at all times and raise any health and safety concerns immediately with your line manager. Be aware at all times of the health and safety of our customers and any other persons on-site.
- To undertake any other tasks required from time to time which may contribute towards the successful operation of the company.
- On occasion you may be asked to stand in as the key holder and take responsibility for opening and closing the store.
The successful candidate will be friendly, welcoming and due to the nature of the store, be willing to engage with all customers, including children. You should have a natural flair for merchandising and be able to work as part of the team or individually. Prior experience in handling cash transactions and using an EPOS till system would be preferred but training can be given. You will be expected to actively engage with all customers and visitors, offering help and advice with their purchase or enquiry.
- Life insurance covering up to 1.5 x annual salary.
- Training opportunities, if required.
- A range of discounts across the group of businesses, subject to terms, conditions and restrictions, including free travel on Ullswater ‘Steamers’ and the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway. Fantastic staff rates and friends and family discounts on self-catering and glamping holiday accommodation. Retail and café purchase discounts.
More about Lake District Estates
Established over 80 years ago, Lake District Estates is a leading leisure and property business in Cumbria. Amongst its portfolio are two of the region’s leading visitor attractions – Ullswater ‘Steamers’ and the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway, a collection of Peter Rabbit and Friends™ retail shops, a residential letting portfolio, six holiday parks and a holiday marina village.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.