Website Gilpin Hotel
Salary: £27,495 per year
Hours: 45 per week.
Be part of a great team.
Work in a stunning location.
THE ROLE OF RESTAURANT & SALES YIELD MANAGER
The Front of House team at The Gilpin Hotel & Lake House play an integral part of the Guest Experience, from greeting all guests as they step from their vehicles, to waving them off at the end of their stay – and everything in between to ensure their stay is the most enjoyable and wonderful experience they have ever had in a 5* hotel. No job or request is too small for this team and for this busy group, the teamwork required is undeniable and unique. This role works closely with the Restaurant and Reservations teams to target and drive the bookings for our two restaurants. This role will also act as support for the events team and will be focussed on turning enquiries into sales.
A Restaurant & Sales Yield Manager
- Carries out daily analysis of forecasts for restaurant covers, no dinner bookings and highlights areas that could help drive sales.
- Manages and monitors the booking systems closely to maximise bookers / covers.
- Creates and monitors daily forecasts for a 3 month lead time for restaurants.
- Creates reports to show analytics of bookings and trends so we can target areas in good time.
- Creates and analyses single occupancy diners and reports in advance, making the executive tem and HODs aware via clear communication.
- Cross analyses the market to ensure we are competitive at all times.
- Analyses, monitors and reviews websites on a weekly basis and reports back to the Operations Director.
- Updates online platforms such as Synexis, OTA’s and ensure visibility at all times with information being accurate and up to date.
- Ensures all restaurant documentation (Confirmations, Pre-arrivals, Billing etc) is updated and checked regularly and inline with company policy and branding.
- Creates new standard operating procedures to help support the Sales & Yield Deputy Manager and the Deputy Sales Manager.
- Supports and creates function sheets, function enquiries and assists in the organisation of a function.
- Creates, monitors and publishes new menus, rates, packages, yield management, promotions on ResDiary and promotional material where required.
- Ensures all reception and sales teams are fully conversant with the menus, marketing activity, special offers and formatted so are clear for ease of training by line managers.
- Issues monthly forecasts and revenue statistics to the Operations Director.
- Works with Sales & Yield Deputy Manager and the Deputy Sales Manager on maximising function revenue and assisting in developing function sheets, telephone & email enquiries, for all functions and large parties.
- Supports the analysis and setting up of deposit sheets for functions and festive bookings and ensures monies are received within the contractual time frame.
- Assesses and ensures contracts for functions, festive events and parties are all up to date.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with all staff and management.
- Ensures all best practices and standard operating procedures are created and maintained in line with procedures being carried out.
- Continuously drives innovation and new systems to improve processes amongst the sale and reception team.
- Has a full understanding of budgets and targets and strives to achieve these at all times.
- Ensures waitlists on all booking platforms are contacted and availability given.
- Recognises trends in data.
- Creates and maintains sales / yield reports that provide clear indication of areas of improvement, key data points, providing recommendations where necessary.
- Builds a strong relationship with the marketing and accounts teams so they have oversight of sales and yield.
- Supports and assists the sales team with hotel / event enquiries by answering overflow calls, hotel emails, events calls / emails and if required cover a sales team shift if the demand is required.
- Checks invoices and signs off for approval.
- Maintains a clean, tidy, organised and safe working environment at all times.
- Is presentable at all times in clean pressed uniform (if applicable), with long hair tied back. Attention to personal hygiene is also extremely important.
- Undertakes additional or other duties or work as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Skills and experience required for the role
- Previous experience in a similar level of establishment is preferred – this role may suit a former restaurant manager.
- Previous experience of managing and incentivising staff.
- Exceptional customer service skills and good listening skills.
- Ability to work in a busy environment and under pressure.
- Excellent computer skills and a knowledge of Microsoft programmes, ie Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Google docs.
- Strong written, verbal and numerical skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to use own initiative.
- Experience with booking systems, (Currently we use Reslynx , ResDiary) and payment software such as Trust Payment and card machines.
- Great teamwork and communication skills with a strong sense of need for achievement of goals and success.
- High level of motivation, determination and commitment.
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong sense of need for achievement of goals and success
- High level of motivation, determination and commitment
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as per the demands of the business.
- The ability to handle complaints and deal promptly with any issues, using tact, diplomacy and with a smile is required.
- Is adaptable to rota changes and is able to respond to urgent issues in a helpful and calm manner, prioritising guest and staff welfare in the first instance.
- Can act as a First Aid Aider or Fire Warden in the event of an accident or emergency.
- To undertake additional or other duties or work as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Love and laughter is the Gilpin motto! We want our staff to live and breathe this throughout their careers with us.
LIVE, WORK & PLAY IN THE LAKE DISTRICT
Work hard but really enjoy your days off? There’s nowhere better to do that than in the beautiful Lake District. As well as the traditional hospitality jobs at Gilpin Hotel and Lake House, you can also be an accountant, an agri-scientist, an interior designer, a landscape gardener, a marketeer, and much more… the opportunities are endless!
LOVE & LAUGHTER – WE LOVE WHAT WE DO – JOIN US AS OUR RESTAURANT & SALES YIELD MANAGER
Many of our guests come to Gilpin for very special celebrations, investing time, money, expectations, memories and feelings into their stay with us. Our job is to help create the magic, sowing the seeds for lasting happy memories with five star service, and a lot of love and laughter.
THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER – WE WILL TRAIN & DEVELOP YOU
You can start at whatever level is right for you, and immediately start learning about the work and our team spirit; everything you need will be provided in a combination of on the job training and via our online Gilpin Training Academy, with clear pay progression built in. If you want to prove yourself and become a manager, the opportunity is there – you can see for yourself what you need to do to progress, and if you wish to take it further this can lead to a degree or leadership course without needing previous qualifications. We don’t pigeon hole and we support you to create your own career path – you might start off in one department and decide you want to try something in another department, For those that have a set career path in mind though, we’ll support you to develop as far as you want to go. This is your future – our job is to train you & prepare you for whatever you do next.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
Staff social events, activities and parties throughout the year.
Home-cooked food for just £1 per meal. A breakfast of toast and cereal is free, and available at all times. We also have snacks and tasty treats available throughout the day.
Fantastic subsidised shared staff accommodation, some at the hotel, some in the countryside, and some in the centre of Windermere and Bowness. In all accommodation there is a shared kitchen and lounge area. We spring clean your room before you move in, meet you, show you around, and settle you in with a welcome pack, and check all the accommodation monthly to make sure everything is still lovely. Our staff accommodation ranges from mobile static homes to ensuite rooms in Bowness and Windermere (from £130 to £350 per month including bills). If you’re really trying to save and don’t have a lot of stuff, there are a few very small mobile static home rooms that we don’t charge anything for.
Free staff transport between Gilpin Hotel and Lake House and the staff houses in Crook, Windermere and Bowness.
Free use of Choices Health Club in Troutbeck Bridge with gym, swimming pool, steam room, sauna and hot tub.
We buy MyCumbria Cards for all of our team – old and new! With this you can get offers and discounts throughout Cumbria on food & drink, activities, shopping and more. We’ll also be introducing a scheme where you can get even more money off certain activities, so watch this space to go bike riding, canoeing, rock climbing, or relax with a lovely meal or go to the cinema…
We provide personalised English classes (while you’re paid) if you wish to gain confidence and ability to communicate in English. The aim is to motivate and encourage progression here at Gilpin as well as to gain confidence outside of work.
TREATS – DINING & HOTEL STAYS
Discounted rates in our restaurants, as well as amazing opportunities to stay at other Relais & Châteaux and Pride of Britain hotels from just £150 per night!
FRIENDSHIP & FUN
There are around 170 of us in Team Gilpin, but we’re not a big international hotel. We love what we do, and believe it’s important to have a friendly warm atmosphere behind the scenes as well as out front. We are family run with a strong team of managers who really look after, look out for and nurture our teams. We have a lovely, friendly, close knit team, where great friendships are made (often long term). We believe in enjoying what we do!
For more information see https://thegilpin.co.uk/join-our-team
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £27,495.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Free or subsidised travel
- Free parking
- Gym membership
- Language training provided
- On-site parking
- Shuttle service provided
- Sick pay
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance bonus
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.