Website Waterfoot Park
Waterfoot Park is located in the Ullswater Valley within UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Lake District National Park. Nestled in the grounds of a Georgian Mansion overlooking England’s most beautiful lake, Ullswater, Waterfoot Park is the perfect location for touring, self-catering and glamping holidays as well as holiday homes available for sale. We are just a short walk from the Ullswater ‘Steamers’ Pier, the charming village of Pooley Bridge and we’re located on the Ullswater Way walking route.
Our Grounds and Maintenance Operatives engage in a range of tasks connected with the maintenance and upkeep of the site, including grass cutting, strimming, gardening, and general maintenance tasks to ensure the park is well presented at all times.
This is a varied role with key responsibilities being but not limited to:
- Attending to general maintenance requirements across the site including performing preventative maintenance, handling basic repairs, and making sure all machinery and equipment are kept in a clean and serviceable condition.
- Attending to grounds maintenance requirements across the site, including grass & hedge cutting, strimming, gardening, and the spraying and applying of pesticides. (Training provided as required)
- On-call duties will be required for which a mobile phone will be provided.
- Completing planned and reported grounds and general maintenance issues.
- Assisting with the delivery of bottled gas and other operational activities as required.
- Additional cleaning of facilities maintaining cleanliness to a high standard.
- Assist reception staff when necessary.
- Assisting with siting and de-siting of holiday homes.
- Assisting the Maintenance Manager with the recording and completion of health and safety checks so basic computer knowledge would be an advantage but training will be provided. Always working safely and recognising, rectifying or reporting any health and safety concerns immediately.
- Ensuring that work undertaken or not completed is appropriately recorded and communicated effectively with the line manager as required.
- Reporting all breakages, breakdowns, and damage to equipment to the Maintenance Manager.
- Undertaking any other tasks as required from time to time to contribute towards the successful operation of the company.
Skills for success
We are looking for someone with experience in grounds and general maintenance who is enthusiastic and proactive, with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team. They must be professional, have good communication skills and an appreciation of the need for high-quality and excellent customer service. A full driving licence is a requirement of the role, as the position may include driving a variety of vehicles on site.
In addition to the above pay provision, the following benefits are also provided:
- 28 days paid annual leave entitlement per year (pro rata).
- Company sick pay upon completion of a 3-month probationary period – entitlement increases with length of service.
- Flexible working opportunities and family-friendly policies.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Employee well-being programme.
We also provide the following staff discounts:
- Free travel for immediate family on the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway and Ullswater ‘Steamers’.
- Staff discounts in retail and café outlets.
- Discounted accommodation rates across the group including a friends and family rate.
About Lake District Estates
Lake District Estates is a dynamic and growing family-owned company incorporating several businesses operating private holiday home ownership, self-catering holidays, residential and commercial lettings, retail outlets and heritage visitor attractions. The company head office on Maude Street in Kendal provides support to the wider business accommodating senior management, finance, marketing, human resources, and property teams.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.