Website Robinsons Brewery
General Manager – The Mason Arms, Strawberry Bank, Cartmel Fell, Salary up to 38K, plus bonus.
Join the family – we’ve got lots to offer you…
As General Manager the rewards are huge…
- Annual bonus scheme – opportunity to earn up to £20k p/a based on performance vs financial and business KPIs.
- A 25% discount on food, drink, and accommodation through the employee discount card
- 50% off food during shifts
- The ‘BAR’ – Benefits at Robinsons – Exclusive discounts at over 800 retailers through our employee reward scheme
- 35 days paid annual leave and holiday pay.
- Access to the company pension scheme including life assurance cover.
- Access to Private Health Scheme for the GM and their family
- Company Sick Pay
- Ongoing personal development and career progression
- Access to wellbeing and mental health management programmes
The ideal General Manager will be passionate and confident whilst being commercially and financially astute. With an in-depth knowledge of the hospitality industry, you will have experience in premium sites providing accommodation.You will have a strong background in food led establishments and be able to demonstrate a passion for the delivery of exceptional guest care, as well as the commercial success of the business.
Working alongside our central support team the General Manager will enjoy having a high degree of freedom to shape the business as if it was your own. You’ll be responsible for meeting challenging targets and ensuring you have the best team to support you in achieving them.
This is a hands-on role where the successful General Manager will be expected to lead from the front.We know we wouldn’t be who we are without our great teams! The better they are – the better we are so we need someone who is motivational and loves developing their teams as training is at the heart of everything we do.
The Masons Arms
This traditional Lakeland Inn, in a quiet yet stunning setting, has all the ingredients for a simple yet nourishing relaxed break: sensational views, cosy snugs, toasty fires and robust cooking. Rooms are smart and a little quirky with a countryside theme, plus two cottages offer a self-catering option.
Although only three miles from the southern end of Lake Windermere, this is a little-visited area of the Lakes, on the back road to Kendal and with sweeping 15-mile views over the gentle Lyth and Winster valleys. The views, and the sweetness of the address – Strawberry Bankmake for an unforgettable experience. It is just 30 to 40 minutes to the honeypot attractions of Bowness, Windermere and Grasmere, or the nearest high fells.
The traditional whitewashed building, formerly a 17th-century farmhouse, has been a pub most of its life, with bedrooms in converted outbuildings and cottages at the rear. Inside, it’s all a pub should be with low-beamed ceilings, flagged or wooden floors, open fires and a series of small snugs furnished with mismatched chairs, cushion-covered oak settles and scrubbed tables. Cream-washed walls are crammed with mirrors and hunting prints, while beams are hung with copper jugs and pewter tankards. Upstairs, four interlinked dining areas offer more intimacy – and the best views.
Being an inn-with-rooms, this place is not about extra bells and whistles. There’s a handy leaflet of local walks, and dogs are allowed in several rooms and throughout the inn. Undoubtedly, the big plus is the terrace with wide, valley views: popular even for breakfasts.
If you are looking for a career with a progressive company, taking on interesting and exciting challenges each day, then get in touch today.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £38,000.00-£55,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Health & wellbeing programme
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Store discount
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grange-Over-Sands: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Will ypou require sponsorship now or in the future in order to work in the UK?
- Restaurant management: 1 year (preferred)
- Bar management: 1 year (preferred)
- Management: 1 year (preferred)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.