Website Lake District Estates - The Ratty Arms
We are currently looking for passionate customer-focused Front of House Assistants to join our team at The Ratty Arms in Ravenglass. As a recent addition to the Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway’s catering division, we’re really excited for the future of this iconic venue.
As part of our new front-of-house team you will be providing a genuinely friendly, warm welcome to our customers. You will be responsible for ensuring every customer receives the excellent experience the railway is proud to offer.
Our ideal candidate will have some previous front of house experience, but this is not essential as training will be provided. What is essential, is that you have a genuine passion for customer service. You’ll be naturally confident, friendly, helpful and enjoy working as part of a small, close-knit team. You’ll be an excellent communicator and be flexible, focused, and self-motivated.
The role will include:
• Welcoming customers.
• Taking, preparing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink orders.
• Taking customers food orders, answering any questions about the menu items, specials, and ingredients.
• Using a till to take orders and process payments.
• Placing orders with the kitchen staff for preparation.
• Serving food and drinks to tables, including enquiring that customers are satisfied and taking additional orders where necessary.
• Clearing tables, wiping surfaces, and operating dishwashers to ensure ample glassware or crockery is available.
• Ensuring all licencing laws are adhered to including verifying legal age requirements.
• Maintaining clean and organised bar and restaurant areas, responding quickly to spills or other health and safety hazards.
• Monitoring and replenishing stock levels.
• Attending meetings with mangers, to learn about menu changes and specials.
• Undertake any other tasks required from time to time which may contribute towards the successful operation of The Ratty Arms.
Skills for success
- Enjoy working with others, and being part of a great team.
- A good memory and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and remain calm in a busy environment.
In addition to the above pay provision, the following benefits are also provided:
- 28 days paid annual leave entitlement per year (pro rata).
- Company sick pay upon completion of 3-month probationary period – entitlement increases with length of service.
- Flexible working opportunities and family-friendly policies.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Employee well-being programme (in development).
- Free car park.
- Discounted meal and beverages whilst on duty.
We also provide the following staff discounts:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.