Website Langdale Hotel and Spa
Did you Know?
Set in the heart of the English Lake District and surrounded by breath-taking scenery, the Langdale Estate offers a choice of luxury hotel, self-catering and timeshare accommodation, spa experiences and therapies, restaurant, and traditional Lakeland Inn.
At Langdale we pride ourselves on giving our guests an exceptional service and treating them to luxury experiences and so we want people who want to make a difference, who care about creating a guest experience that is truly unique and memorable.
Purpose of the Role
To support all of us here at Langdale in delivering exceptional guest service as part of our Wainwrights Inn team.
- To be aware of operational service times and menus available, and advice upon service offering.
- To take customer orders and ensure they are processed efficiently.
- To ensure presentation and service of food and beverage is to the highest standard.
- To re-stock the bar area and record any liquor / bar wastage.
- To ensure all designated cleaning tasks are completed as instructed by the line manager.
- To respond to guest requests and requirements to surpass their expectations.
- To be aware of customer complaints and procedures to follow to see that these are rectified and acted upon accordingly.
- Directly interact with all stake holders that require the departments services, maintaining the highest levels of customer service.
- Assist the Wainwrights team and wider Langdale Food &Beverage team by undertaking any other reasonable work tasks, as required.
What is our Promise to YOU?
Our HR vision is to encourage and guide our colleagues to have confidence and knowledge to thrive in their roles, enhance our guest experience and continue the legacy of the Langdale Estate.
We commit to offering you:
- The right equipment to do the job to the best of your ability.
- Nourishing work to engage you.
- Meaningful work with the understanding why your role is so important to our success; we are all a piece of the puzzle!
- Psychological safety; with trained Mental Health First Aiders, together with a confidential, impartial Employee Assistance Program (EAP); there is always support for you.
- Physical Safety: no stone is left unturned with H&S and continuous improvement is a habit as part of our culture.
- Development: if you want to grow in your role or personally let us know and we will work with you to develop your skills.
- Job security: fixed term and permanent contracts only. No zero hours or rolling contracts here!
- Staff Website holding a wealth of staff information; and open to your ideas too.
With an Estate filled with nature, promise, laughter, clear skies (and rainy) our place of work offers something like no-other establishment could. Come over the cattle grid entrance the beauty and tranquillity is paramount. If you love the outdoors, the guest experience and reaching your potential then Langdale is certainly for you!
A few ‘need to knows’.
- This role is offered with at an hourly rate of £11.00.
- Live in is subject to availability and must be discussed at the interview stage.
- Our interview format depends on the position applying for, generally a virtual Teams call followed by an onsite visit. Where there is a good fit between candidate and hiring manager, a trial is often scheduled to allow candidates to test a role out for themselves! A new job has to be right for you of course. Depending on your existing location, we can accommodate overnight stays. This can be tailored to suit an individuals needs; just tell us what you need and we will do what we can to make it work for you.
- Shift patterns consist of eight-hour shifts working over five days of our seven-day week. As part of our training programme (whether that be as a new starter or continuous role related training), colleagues are required to take part in all shift patterns.
- All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
To apply for this job please visit langdalehotelandspa.livevacancies.co.uk.