Website Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
SALARY OF £28,000 PER YEAR, PLUS PERFORMANCE RELATED BONUS OF UP TO £4,200
The housekeeping department is a busy hub of activity, so you will never be bored with us. We have 36 individually styled bedrooms so if you have a keen eye for perfection, our hotel is full of inspiration. We are like no other standard hotel, we have lots of little quirks, personality and luxury in our rooms – just one of the reasons our housekeeping team enjoy working here.
This department is at the heart of Gilpin and we believe our housekeeping team are true gems who aim to make the guest stay truly memorable.
THE ROLE OF DEPUTY HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER
To ensure standards within the property and estate are upheld to the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene. To ensure training is up to date, standard operating procedures are updated and followed, and to set new procedures. You’ll be comfortable and able to assist in other operations within the hotel.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure cleanliness within the hotel is at the utmost high standard at all times.
- Carry out and support training for team members and ensure reviews of Housekeeping Team members are done regularly.
- Assist with the recruitment of new Housekeepers, conduct interviews along side the HOD.
- Review and update current SOP’s, and compose new SOP’s where required or instructed by your HOD.
- Carry out stock takes of all Housekeeping stockable items monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Process orders for cleaning stock, linen, towels, ensuring these meet the business demand
- Conducting quality checks on areas of the property, including the owners’ house, and able to confidently discipline staff should standards set not be met.
- Working closely with the HOD to bring in new “Love and Laughter” ideas and implementing them within your department in the hotel.
- Able to assist with Breakfast Service, Check-out and Check-in’s should the Duty Manager on shift be unavailable.
- Organise a daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule for the property and ensure that this is completed.
- Submit maintenance issues for the hotel and follow them through until the issue has been sorted and ensuring the issue has been solved to a satisfactory level.
- Able to manage a small team and delegate tasks within the team.
- Organises regular deep cleaning to ensure the house is immaculate.
- Researches and presents new ideas.
- Looks into our suppliers to ensure we are constantly getting the best deal with products, and always using the best quality cleaning supplies.
LIVE, WORK & PLAY IN THE LAKE DISTRICT
Work hard but really enjoy your days off? There’s nowhere better to do that than in the beautiful Lake District. As well as the traditional hospitality jobs at Gilpin Hotel and Lake House, you can also be an accountant, an agri-scientist, an interior designer, a landscape gardener, a marketeer, and much more… the opportunities are endless!
LOVE & LAUGHTER – WE LOVE WHAT WE DO – JOIN US AS OUR DEPUTY HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER
Many of our guests come to Gilpin for very special celebrations, investing time, money, expectations, memories and feelings into their stay with us. Our job is to help create the magic, sowing the seeds for lasting happy memories with five star service, and a lot of love and laughter.
THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER – WE WILL TRAIN & DEVELOP YOU
You can start at whatever level is right for you, and immediately start learning about the work and our team spirit; everything you need will be provided in a combination of on the job training and via our online Gilpin Training Academy, with clear pay progression built in. If you want to prove yourself and become a manager, the opportunity is there – you can see for yourself what you need to do to progress, and if you wish to take it further this can lead to a degree or leadership course without needing previous qualifications. We don’t pigeon hole and we support you to create your own career path – you might start off in one department and decide you want to try something in another department, For those that have a set career path in mind though, we’ll support you to develop as far as you want to go. This is your future – our job is to train you & prepare you for whatever you do next.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
Staff social events, activities and parties throughout the year.
Home-cooked food for just £1 per meal. A breakfast of toast and cereal is free, and available at all times. We also have snacks and tasty treats available throughout the day.
Fantastic subsidised shared staff accommodation, some at the hotel, some in the countryside, and some in the centre of Windermere and Bowness. In all accommodation there is a shared kitchen and lounge area. We spring clean your room before you move in, meet you, show you around, and settle you in with a welcome pack, and check all the accommodation monthly to make sure everything is still lovely. Our staff accommodation ranges from mobile static homes to ensuite rooms in Bowness and Windermere (from £130 to £350 per month including bills). If you’re really trying to save and don’t have a lot of stuff, there are a few very small mobile static home rooms that we don’t charge anything for.
Free staff transport between Gilpin Hotel and Lake House and the staff houses in Crook, Windermere and Bowness.
Free use of Choices Health Club in Troutbeck Bridge with gym, swimming pool, steam room, sauna and hot tub.
We buy MyCumbria Cards for all of our team – old and new! With this you can get offers and discounts throughout Cumbria on food & drink, activities, shopping and more. We’ll also be introducing a scheme where you can get even more money off certain activities, so watch this space to go bike riding, canoeing, rock climbing, or relax with a lovely meal or go to the cinema…
We provide personalised English classes (while you’re paid) if you wish to gain confidence and ability to communicate in English. The aim is to motivate and encourage progression here at Gilpin as well as to gain confidence outside of work.
TREATS – DINING & HOTEL STAYS
Discounted rates in our restaurants, as well as amazing opportunities to stay at other Relais & Châteaux and Pride of Britain hotels from just £150 per night!
FRIENDSHIP & FUN
There are around 170 of us in Team Gilpin, but we’re not a big international hotel. We love what we do, and believe it’s important to have a friendly warm atmosphere behind the scenes as well as out front. We are family run with a strong team of managers who really look after, look out for and nurture our teams. We have a lovely, friendly, close knit team, where great friendships are made (often long term). We believe in enjoying what we do!
For more information see https://thegilpin.co.uk/join-our-team
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Free or subsidised travel
- Free parking
- Gym membership
- Language training provided
- On-site parking
- Shuttle service provided
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 01/02/2024
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.